Wednesday 11 July 2012

Thirteen months old : sleeping by herself, toothbrush, meal time

My friends said that she has some kind of "naughty" look.. =p
Sleeping arrangement 

She used to share bed with us. It was convenient for me when she was still breastfeeding. However in the morning, a few times she fell of the bed because I already woke up and only lined off the bed with pillows and bolsters :(

I didn't remember exactly at which months she started to sleep by herself. I think it was around thirteen months. What I remembered was one night, I left her just a few seconds in the baby box. She wanted to follow me so she decided to climb off the baby box. I came back a second too late, she already on the top of the handrail and then fell off. Surprisingly she landed face down and was able to support her body using her hands. I immediately picked her up, she cried for only a few seconds, so I guess she wasn't hurt. I knew that God saved her that night.

The next day I immediately changed her sleeping arrangement. The baby box should be retired. She also couldn't share bed with us anymore as the risk of falling down is high. So I took a mattress to her room and put it on the floor. That way she could climb down the mattress by herself. Starting that day she slept in her own room (the room has a connecting door to our room). I accompanied her for the first few days. Then after that she sleeps by herself.

So now, our night routine is tucking her into bed. Tucking means pretending to sleep with her in her bed :) Then after she is asleep, we'll move to our room or watching tv or browsing hehehe. Sometimes we fall asleep too and wake up at 2am or more.. hehehe..
In the morning she would walk to our room (or go outside to the living room if I didn't close the door). No crying whatsoever. We are very proud of her. 

Toothbrush

She didn't want me to brush her teeth! I tried many ways: brush my teeth in front of her, let her watch Barney video about brushing teeth, let her brush our teeth so we could brush hers, buy her a new toothbrush. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm a bit worried since she still sleeps with a bottle.
(I'm still worried now that she's already 17 months old and we have gone to a dentist that said her teeth were okay, no tooth decay, etc.) :(



Eating

Since I started her to eat rice, meal time took approximately one hour :(
Maybe she was still adjusting with the texture, or maybe the portion was too much for her. We also have to distract her with toys etc. Maybe it was my fault not to train her to sit at highchair since she started eating solid. I just followed her nanny’s way to feed her. My mom said that I used to be like her when I was at her age. Hey, apparently an apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

What important for me was what she ate, the nutrition, the texture.
I hope I can improve this.


Anyway, this month we went to Bandung and Zio’s 1st bday party. Zio is my colleague’s at PwC (Meza) son. He was a month younger than Faith. Faith just woke up when we arrived at his house. She sat in the pool full of balls nicely and played with the balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment