Friday 27 July 2012

Sixteen months old: playground, trial at gymboree


We like to take her to an outdoor playground near our house. It has artificial sand too at the edge of the swimming pool. Faith likes to play with water!!

In this month I took her to Giggles at FX for a playdate with my friends Angie and Ibeth and their daughters, Gaby and Kimmy, Celine and Giselle. As usual, she liked the water fountain area where she could play with water. She was a bit upset when I took her to shower (because I was afraid she might get cold playing with water too long in an air-conditioned room). 

Sadly I didn't take any good pictures. I will wait for Angie to share the pics on her camera and maybe update this post. 

I also took her for a trial at Gymboree Cilandak. I thought maybe the class would be good for her to socialize with other kids and to improve her motor skills.



Faith joined level 4 class for 14-24 months. There were three teachers during that class and about ten children accompanied by their mommies/daddies/nannies. The class started with circle time. That time the topic was "top and bottom". The teachers sang and asked the children to follow their movement. 

Afterwards they asked the children to walk and climb around the blocks and slides. Then followed by games where the teacher asked the children to ride some kind of hobbyhorse and shaking it pretending riding a horse, etc and closed with a circle time again. The class duration was about 45 minutes

Maybe we came too late (when the class was about too start), so she didn't have time to familiarize herself. She wasn't interested at the circle time. She liked to play by herself. She was also afraid when the teacher tried to hold her or asked her to join the game. Hehehe.. maybe she was too young and not ready? I think I'll delay enrolling her to any school until she's 2.5-3 years old. 

Anyway here's Gymboree's fee and schedule. They said they will give me 50% off the enrollment fee if I enroll that day. 

Oh ya, she was very sweet sharing her apples with me :) 


Some notes:
I think in this month she started to want to hold her own bottle. She was able to do that before but just chose not to do it. 
She also started to nod/shake her head when asked for something. Sometimes she just nodded at everything we asked though! 
For example: Do you want to go home? *nod*
                     Do you want to stay here? *nod* -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment