Tuesday 7 August 2012

Eighteen months: grateful

training nyapu persiapan mbak mudik hehe

I still can't believe that Faith is already eighteen months now! Time really flies.

I still think that I haven't really captured all of her activities/development as much as I want to. But hey, I guess this blog is a good start. 

Here are the lists of her activities/what she likes to do:
  • She is a very active baby. She would run around and scream all day and not tired (I am the one who's tired :) For example yesterday, she didn't take a nap and managed to stay active from 8am till 8.30pm and slept through the night until 7.30am. (I still prefer her to take a nap though). 
  • She likes to imitate people. As you can see from the above picture, she imitates mba Yanti trying to sweep the floor. In this post, she imitated Toma throwing kicks in the air. 
  • Every morning and night we would pray together. Whenever we said let's pray (berdoa), she would fold her hand. However she still can't sit quietly all through the prayer. She got bored after about a minute -_-
  • At around 12-16 months she used to be very attached to me (which I don't complain and enjoy very much). But sometimes she didn't even want to be hold by Toma when I was around, so I think it was not healthy. However nowadays she is not very attached to me any longer. Maybe because she has more quality time with Toma. (Should I be happy or sad? hehehe)
  • Have I mentioned that we started to take her to Sunday school for about two months now? The Sunday school teacher approached me one day and offered to take her to Sunday school. I agreed instantly, but was wondering who would accompany her since I had to play keyboard and Toma needed to hear the sermon. I was not sure that Faith would want to go with stranger. But surprisingly she was okay when the teacher took her to go to Sunday school. No drama whatsoever!  I think going to sunday school is good way for her to socialize. Afterwards we decide to ask mba Yanti to accompany her so the teacher can also attend to other children.  Mba Yanti is kind enough to agree to take her. 
  • She likes to say "Yaah..." every time the song/movie on the CD/TV ends (as if she was sorry).
  • She likes Barney and Pororo, well actually she likes all cartoons who have catchy songs. I think she is into music and dance very much. She will dance every time she hears music. I'll try to post some video about this.  
  • She looks very sad every time we leave for work :( She doesn't cry, but she would turn her face to other direction or look down. That makes me even sadder. 
  • Remember here that i mentioned she was able to answer when asked "who's having a birthday? (siapa yang ulang tahun?) Nowadays she raises her hand every time we asked her a question using that tone. For example: "Siapa yang paling cantik? or siapa yang namanya Faith?" I have a video on this, will try to post later :) Update: have posted the video here..
COUNT OF BLESSINGS (should I start a new page for this?)

I am grateful that even though her normal voice is quite loud, she never cries out loud. Her cries are more like weeps and usually don't take very long. 

I am grateful that she's very healthy. I don't sterilize her bottle or dining set any longer since when she's about one year old and she turns out all right. I believe too hygienic is not good for a child. It's like the philosophy that you can't always protect your child against the world, but you can prepare your child to be ready to overcome the world. 

I am grateful that unlike other dads, Toma is willing to help taking care of Faith (feed her, bath her, etc). 

I am grateful that I have a good support system, mba Yanti, my parents. They all love Faith very much, so I can still work but am sure that she would be okay. Even though I am also started to think that it would be nice if I could stay home with her all day. 

The most important thing, I am grateful that God has given Faith to us. She makes me want to be a better person, so I could be a good example. She makes me want to learn new things so I could teach her. I hope she knows that she's loved no matter what. 

Oh ya, I found this article (Ten Commandments for Mother) from my colleague at work, which I think is very good. I can also find many activities idea from that blog. I hope I can do some of them with Faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment